Patterson Cellars Video Tasting by the Parallel Winos Part 2
- Varietals: 87% Cabernet Sauvignon, 9% Cabernet Franc, 4% Syrah
- Vineyards: Kiona Vineyard
- Cooperage: New French Oak
- Aged: 32 Months
This dessert wine was made from Roussanne that was left to hang until mid November, this extended hang time allowed the fruit to dehydrate and concentrate the sugars. The fruit was whole cluster pressed, after pressing, the sugar was 38.5 Brix, the fermentation was carried out for four months in once used French oak barrels using Sauterne yeast. The fermentation was stopped when it was determined there was a proper balance of sugar and alcohol.
Enjoy the aromas of dried apricots, mango, and honeysuckle, followed by flavors of pear, nectarine, and honey, firm acidity with a long peach finish.
- Varietals: 100% Roussanne
- Vineyards: Willard Farms | Columbia Valley, Yakima Valley
- Cooperage: Barrel Fermented French Oak
Posted on June 17, 2010, in Local Wineries, Parallel Winos, Uncategorized and tagged Cabernet Sauvignon, John Patterson, Late Harvest, Parallel Winos, Patterson Cellars, Roussanne. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.